Future Teachers Scholarship
The Future Teachers Scholarship Program was established by the Oklahoma State Regents for Higher
Education as an incentive to encourage the preparation of teachers in critical shortage areas in the public
schools of Oklahoma.
1. The student must be a resident of Oklahoma.
2. The student must be nominated by the college on the basis of one of the following criteria:
a. Cumulative high school grade point average ranking in the top 15% of his or her high school
graduating class; OR
b. ACT or SAT score ranking in the top 15% for high school graduates of the same year; OR
c. Admission to a professional education program at an accredited Oklahoma institution of
higher education; OR
d. An undergraduate record of outstanding success, as defined by the institution.
3. Full-time and part-time students are eligible for the scholarship; however, highest priority will be
given to full-time students.
4. Scholarship recipients must maintain no less than a 2.5 cumulative grade point average.
5. Each recipient must agree to teach in a shortage area in Oklahoma public schools for a minimum of
three (3) consecutive years upon graduation and licensure as a teacher.
6. Recipients may receive the scholarship for not more than four years, or the equivalent of four years,
of full-time study.
Deadline: May 15, 2018
Future Teacher Scholarship Guidelines (pdf)
Future Teacher Scholarship Application (pdf)
Please submit completed applications to:
Bagley Hall, Tahlequah Campus, Room 220
or mail to:
NSU College of Education
717 N Grand Ave
Tahlequah OK 74464
A Hand Up Scholarship
This scholarship is available for a woman, age 21 or over, who might need "A Hand Up."
Examples of possible applicants are: (1) a woman that may have previously attended an
Institution of Higher Education/Technical School but could no longer continue due to life
circumstances, (2) someone who hopes to further their education but needs a little financial
assistance, (3) a student currently enrolled in school, but is struggling with financial hardship.
To receive an Application and more information on the scholarship,
Please Email: MuOmegaTahlequah@gmail.com
Application Deadline is April 30, 2018