Truman D. Picard Scholarship Announcement For Native American/Alaskan Natural Resource Students
This program is dedicated to the support of Native American students pursuing a higher education degree in Natural Resources
Deadline: Friday, March 12, 2021, 5:00 p.m. PST
Award: $2,500 for college students (number of award varies)
$2,500 for grad students and undergraduate seniors applying to grad school
$2,000 for graduating high school seniors
- Letter of Application: The letter must include your name, permanent mailing address, email address, and
phone number. It should be a maximum of two pages in length, and discuss the following:
a. Interest in natural resources
b. Commitment to education, community and your culture
c. Financial Need
- Three letters of reference
a. On letterhead. (If no letterhead is available through the reference's organization, the referrer should create their own).
b. Signed. (Digital and electronic accepted).
c. Date within the last six months.
d. Open sealed documents, if applicable.
e. Reference letters will not be accepted directly from references. (They should be included in complete application, step 7).
- Evidence of validated enrollment in a federally recognized tribe or Alaska Native Corporation, as established by the U. S. Government. A photocopy of your enrollment card, front back, or Certificate of Indian Blood (CIB) will suffice.
- Transcripts: ALL students must include transcripts. Unofficial or official both accepted. Please
open sealed transcripts.
a. High school students must also provide documented proof of acceptance to an institution of higher education and a review of college class schedule to verify major before check is released.
b. College students must also provide proof of their declared major and current class schedule.
- Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA): ALL students must complete the FAFSA and attach the Student Aid Report. If it has not yet been completed, include last year's report. How do I find my student aid report?
- Delivery of application, (3) steps:
a. First, create one complete email (PDF attachment preferred) including: letter of application, resume, three letters of reference, evidence of validated enrollment, transcripts, college acceptance letter (high school) or declared major, current class schedule (college), and FAFSA student aid report.
b. Second, submit via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) up until the close of business (5:00 p.m. PST) March 12, 2021.
c. Last, Mail the originals to be postmarked by March 12, 2021. Be sure to check your local post office hours. ITC staff will be working remotely and will not be on site at the ITC office to sign to deliveries.
Questions and applications should be directed to the Intertribal Timber Council Office:
ATTN: Education Committee
Intertribal Timber Council
1112 N. E. 21st Avenue, Suite 4
Portland, Oregon 97232-2114